Dollar Day at the Dallas Zoo is our way of giving back to our amazing community, and we want you to get the most out of your visit! Here are a few tips to help you navigate your way through Dollar Day.
- Get here early. We open at 9 a.m., but the lines form well before that.
- Parking is limited! A great option is to take the DART Red Line right to our door.
- Download our free Dallas Zoo app on iPhone or Android to help you find your way around. (The blinking map dot shows where you are and what animals are close!)
- Check the schedule as soon as you arrive – we’ve added shows, and you can plan your day around the ones you don’t want to miss (Cheetah Encounter, SOAR bird show, keeper talks).
- Decide which half of the zoo you want to visit first: Wilds of Africa (lions, giraffes, elephants, zebras, Gorilla Trail), or ZooNorth (Children’s Zoo, reptiles, koalas, tiger, monkeys).
- Don’t miss our babies in the Wilds of Africa: giraffe, mandrill, chimp! Giraffe Kopano is scheduled to be in the North habitat Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., although it always depends on many factors.
- Be nice! It’s going to be a beautiful day, and we’re all lucky to be able to spend it at one of the nation’s best zoos! Please be patient in lines and with your fellow guests, and share window space.
- If you have a problem or question, please find a uniformed staffer and ask for help. We’ve staffed up to be sure you have a great time!
It’ll be sunny and 65 degrees Wednesday, so we expect big crowds and lots of excitement. We can’t wait to spend the day before Thanksgiving with you and your family!