With Spring Break just starting, we’re gearing up for nice weather and lots of smiling faces of school kids enjoying a well-deserved vacation. These are some of our busiest weeks, so planning ahead can help you have a fun and memorable visit. Check out our pro tips!
- Parking and transportation: Arrive right when we open at 9 a.m. (or a little bit earlier) to nab a parking spot and start your Zoo adventure. Or an even better idea: avoid Dallas rush-hour traffic and take the DART Red Line right to our front door! It adds to fun day of adventure, too.
- Dress comfortably, and keep your feet happy: Check the weather and dress appropriately, or bring a bag with a rain jacket, sunscreen or hat – depending on the forecast. Early spring is beautiful, but you know what they say about Texas weather – anything can happen! And while you might want to show off your fashionable new sandals, remember that we’re a 106-acre Zoo – you can never go wrong with a trusty pair of sneakers!
- Strollers, wheelchairs and souvenirs: Our Zoofari Market rents strollers, wheelchairs and motorized scooters on a first-come, first-served basis. It also sells a variety of clothing, toys, books and gifts to help you remember your visit. (Remember, members get 10% off!)
- Mmmm, food: When your tummy starts growling louder than our animals, it’s time to refuel. Pack your own snacks or lunch, or grab a bite at one of our three dining locations – Zoofari Food Court, Wilds of Africa Grill, or Serengeti Grill. When packing food and drinks, be sure there’s no glass or alcohol – otherwise, bring whatever suits your fancy.
- Read the map, download the app: Check out the daily keeper chats and special programs, which are listed on the map you’ll receive as you enter the Zoo. You can also download our free app by searching “Dallas Zoo” to plan ahead before you arrive! There’s plenty to do – explore Nature Connects®, a LEGO® brick art exhibit; catch the Wonders of the Wild bird and wildlife show, presented by Kimberly-Clark; feed giraffes and lorikeets; watch our cheetah and Labrador retriever best buddies play in the Cheetah Encounter, and more!
- Sign up for camp: Kids – want to have an extra-special Zoo experience during your break? Parents – want a little extra time to run errands in your day? We offer single-day Zoo camps for kids in PreK-Grade 5 that are both fun and educational. Register now!
- Get social: Take an “elphie” (elephant selfie), or snap a profile pic by a penguin. Tag us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – we love keeping up with you, and love to feature our guests’ photos!
- Take our survey: We’re always working to provide the best experience for you, so we want to hear about your day. On your way out, stop by the survey kiosks, located to the right by the exit turnstiles.
- Come back: As the largest Zoo in Texas, there’s a LOT to take in, and always more to see, learn and explore. Our members may visit each of the 364 days we’re open, and with our current promotion, you will save 15% when starting a new membership! Depending on your family size, it pays for itself after as few as two visits.